Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What is it with these things?

Well, this article here says that the McRib is back. For the next six weeks, apparently, we can go to our local McDonald's and order up what I (and my son, Tim) think is summer goodness. Okay, yep, it's November, but that sandwich says summer to me, and when I sit in McDonald's eating one, it reminds me of backyard barbecues, fireworks, and swimming pools. In my mind, I see kids riding on bikes past houses with bunting hanging on the porch. Pretty Norman Rockwell, huh? Ha, ha, I just like this sandwich that much.

What is about the McRib? Do you know that they have 26 grams of fat? Yeesh, 26? 26! Wow. That's a lot of weight gain. Well, they're out for six weeks, apparently, so maybe I can keep it down to one this go-round. I'm gonna try. I'm trying to lose some weight I've gained lately, so I don't want to blow it all on a sandwich, but it's a good sandwich, and I do wanna have it once.

You know McDonald's keeps us loving the McRib by not having it all the time. I'm sure if they put on their menu permanently, we would get tired of it and start fussing about all that fat. But since it just comes out to play occassionally, we consider that some sort of special occassion, and run out to get them. Heck, we plan a trip to McDonald's just for the purpose of getting one. Ridiculous!

What about y'all, will you go get a McRib? Do you like them?

No comments: