Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Out shopping.....

Well, I put my Granny Stripes blanket down for a minute, and I made up this little washcloth. I think I'm gonna use it in my kitchen this holiday season. See, I found this book at Hobby Lobby this past week. Cute, isn't it? All about towel toppers and dishcloths. Looking at this book, the first thing I noticed is, am I crazy, or are all those towels available at your local Walmart? Hmmmm.... oh well, doesn't matter, I'm at Walmart way too much anyway... heck, I got a lil crush on one of the managers. LOL More about that if ever anything develops. Ha ha ha ha ha! Anyway, I'm gonna make me some little towel toppers when I'm in the mood, they just take a couple of hours to do. These are not those old ones where you cute the towel in half, either. You make these up and insert the towel without cutting it, if I read these right. That's cool to me.
I'm still working on that Granny Stripes blanket, though. In fact, I'm about done with the stripes. Just two or three more color stripes, which is four or six rows, then I'm on to the border. I actually am still trying to decide on the border I want, but that's no biggee. It's probably just more excuse to look through my borders book. Ha ha. As an aside, while I was shopping, I picked up that 'Beyond the Square' book that I've been wanting. Yeesh, yep, it's an addiction.
Anyway, I got me this hook, too, in a G. I use the G more than any other hook, I find. I am still deciding, but I think I like that little extra handle. I'm still working it out, but I may buy some more of these.

Also bought me a little some'pn, some'pn. Looked too good to pass up. Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors, and you know, 'tis the season and all....... y'all wanna join me? I'm just about to settle in.................

Y'all have a lovely evening...................


5 comments:

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

I need to get that book on towels and dishcloths! That would be wonderful practice for me since I'm just learning. A friend gave me one of those dishcloths and I was so reluctant to use it, it was just too pretty and I kept thinking it would ruin it, but I can say after trying it out I wished I had more of them. It holds up well too, I've been using and laundering it months, never losses it shape and it's still pretty..

Hugs'
Catlyn

p.s. that pumpkin pie looks yummy! LOL!

- said...

I never knew there was such a thing as pumpkin liqueur. The only thing pumpkin I can stomach is pumpkin seeds.

I'd say you could use a little nip and a little project after all of those stripes! It will be so nice when it's done though.

Renee said...

You are one busy woman! And, yes, you should really stay out of the stores EXCEPT you always come up with the best books!

I, myself, recently (yesterday) outed myself on my new blog -- I am a pattern hoarder. I know it's not right to have so much clutter and to just have so much, but it's mine, all mine. BWAHAHAHA!

Um, sorry. I do love your stripey blanket though, the colors are so cheery!

Take care, Renee, spear401

Designing Lady Jane said...

Looks like lots of fun and quick projects in that book. I'm glad you had a nice relaxing evening, that pumpkin sumptin looks great.

Renee said...

Miss Julie, thanks for stopping by my new blog. Much thanks for commenting and following. And, yes, I follow yours, too. Have for awhile now.

Take care, Renee