Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stripes, stripes, stripes!


I finished David's afghan. I love this pattern, and this afghan. I wish I were better with color, but David loves this, so okay. I like it too, actually. I know, I'm weird, but I like the way it freaks your eyes out when you look at it. Ha! I will definitely make this afghan again, it was way easy, and came out pretty. Next time, I will make fewer stripes, and make them wider, and I think I will plan the colors more as well. I think this being such a unique shape, it might sell well at a craft fair. I think I will definitely make one to take to the fairs.


Look at these colors. Seriously, look at these colors. What do y'all think of these colors? Again, I'm not so good with mixing colors. I kind of stood in Hobby Lobby choosing the colors I thought were crisp and clear. Then when I got home, I tried to figure out which was the best order to put them in. Because you know what I'm making?


Absolutely! Lucy's Granny Stripes! I've been anticipating starting this for a while, and now here we go! I am struggling over the colors, you know Lucy set the bar high. I am so anxious to see how this comes out.



Boy, this is wonderful to make. It goes together so quickly, those rows just zoom by. I can't wait til it's done. I have all of Lucy's pictures saved, and am looking to her for inspiration. She sure did make a beauty. I know mine won't be nearly as pretty as hers, she has the gift of color, and I tried, but I could not find a red that would fit in here. I really wanted to, too, but I just couldn't.
*
Do y'all think these colors will be okay in this order? Seriously, let me know if you would change it.
*
And, in case you didn't read my last post, if y'all know kinda what sells well at craft fairs, let me know. I'm still struggling. I'm trying to get fifty items ready for the craft fair in October. I'd like to make this worth my while, you know, not have people stop and look, then put it back and walk away...........
*
Y'all have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

- said...

Thanks for your comments. I have to tell you I think the afghan is stunning! I think I will have to try one myself.

Aussie Maria said...

Have to say that David's afghan colours are wonderful. They really grab your eye and make you look. Great for a display if you want to grab attention. Some people are pastels, I prefer loud when it comes to afghans, except .... always exceptions to anything

Monique van den Berg said...

Wow, I love this afghan. You choose realy nice colours. My compliments.