Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Decoration Inspiration


One thing I love to do on the 'net is look for decorating inspiration. I will pull pictures from anything - apartment ads, department store ads, articles, and of course, decorating sites. Even if I don't like the picture or the room in general, if there is one element I like, I'll save the picture. Like if it's an all-white room, but I like the picture arrangement, or something like that, you know what I mean. So here, just in case you want to know, I'm gonna share some of my favorites. Because you want to know what my decorating style is, don'tcha? I like lots of styles, and admire them in other peoples' homes, but my style is ..... I like warm colors, and substantial furniture pieces. In the picture above, I love the colors, and the gorgeous canopy over the bed. I want to put a canopy over my bed. I have tried a couple of times, and it really didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but I figure persistence pays. I'll try again.... and again, if I need to.



Here is another picture full of warmth. I particularly love that big cabinet in the background. There are lots of things here I like, though - the mirror, and the fireplace, for example.


More color to drool over. I like those four-by houses on the wall. I think I might like to try to make one of those.

This picture is just a collection of color, and that's what I like.


Oh man, where to begin with this picture! I love the cinnamon-y color, all that red..... and the screen in the back right...... my favorite part of this picture, though, is that picture in the back. Four young men in a kind of abstract piece of art. I want something like that, and would like to commission a painting based on that. Something to represent my four boys, in a big, bold piece to hang on my living room wall above the sofa.



I just like the pillows here. Black and white with a dash of red....... I figure a dash of red goes nicely anywhere in a house. The rest doesn't need to be black and white, it could be anything, cream, yellow, whatever. There's a good shade of red to go with anything.


As you can see, I got this picture off an apartment site when I was home-hunting. But don't those colors just pop? I love them.


Oooohhhh, here. One of my favorites. I love the colors - have I said that before? Here, it's the fireplace that grabs me. I adore that.
See, you knew you wanted to know, didn't you?






1 comment:

Designing Lady Jane said...

Boy, you have been busy figuring out what you're doing, haven't you? It is good to know what you want, so when you see it you can grab it. Those are all lovely designs. I can't wait to see what you end up with, elements from them all, I'm sure.