Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crocheted bags


So I was out shopping, at Sears, and found this. A purse rack with two full shelves of crocheted bags! Wow! And they were gorgeous. I tell you, it seems like now is a great time to start my Etsy shop that I have been meaning to start forever. Maybe I'll start with a few bags, and then do some garments, some afghans, pillows, oh I can think of lots of things. Crochet is really hot right now. I even saw a feature in People Magazine on crocheted fashions. That's cool to me.



So I sat down with my hook and my yarn, and some pictures of those bags as inspiration. Then I thumbed through pictures I have on my computer (I'll right-click anything.) and various others things, and tried to design something. It's not very original, borrows heavily from the bags at Sears and the most recent crochet how-to I've read (can't remember where) but I came up with this. I like it! I actually think that once it's lined, it's sell-able. I'll list it first, I think. I'm gonna work on more ideas, more bags.

Let's see if I can make some money with my little hook here........ Wouldn't that be nice!

2 comments:

Designing Lady Jane said...

I saw your purse you put on facebook, it was lovely. I'm sure you'll have some wonderful designs.

crazymotheringchick said...

I think it just takes about eight hours to make one of these as well. Of course, I won't make much per hour at all, but a few extra bucks here and there always helps.