Friday, July 2, 2010

18 already?


It's my oldest child's birthday today. Dan is eighteen. He's an adult now, accountable for his own actions. Wow. I have an adult child. That astounds me. When did he grow up? Oh, the years have flown by.

Eighteen years ago today, my biggest dream came true. I became a mother. That's all I ever wanted to be growing up, a mother. It was such a wonderful day for me.

Dan is such a sweet young man. So thoughtful and kind, he truly is. I couldn't be more proud of the young man he has become. He has a gentle spirit. And I consider him quite brave. He has autism, and last year, he entered a regular High School, and is working on his diploma, in regular classes. He works so hard, and got full credits for his Freshman year, and will be a Sophomore this fall. I admire him so much for that.

So, happy birthday Dan, your mother is so proud of you. Today we will all enjoy your birthday cheesecake. (because he said he really is not crazy about cake.)

1 comment:

Designing Lady Jane said...

Happy birthday to a truly wonderful young man. His Aunt Jane is proud of him as well. He will do great things and continue to surprise us with his future successes, I'm sure.